Technology does not drive change,
it enables change.
Technology has become part of our everyday life. It has affected every sphere of human activity. Education is not an exception. Using technology in education can bring many positive changes and improve teaching and learning practices.
During the last two weeks we discovered many ways of implementing technology tools for developing language skills. There have been so many ideas and suggestions, and so many useful websites that it is difficult to absorb it all in such a short time. My delicious page has been growing steadily, and I have already started using it to find appropriate material.
We have been shown ways of developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills with the use of technology that will make the lessons more interesting, engaging, motivational and enjoyable for students. Combining traditional instructional methods with technology will certainly bring better results and will help our students become more independent and autonomous learners.
Even if schools are not equipped with computers, teachers can find ways of using the limitless Internet resources and adapting them to the school conditions. It all depends on the teacher's imagination, creativity and willingness to make the learning experience more worthwhile.
T


Hi Nina,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog. We are all looking for changes and trying to track the way using technology in our classroom to motivate the students, hoping to be efficient in our help in developing their language skills.
Best wishes,
Zlatka
Dear Nina,
ReplyDeleteAs part of this course, we have to give comments to participants' blogs. I came on your blog to give some such comments wherein I do not agree with your view's but to my surprise it is very difficult to disagree with your views. You have rightly said that technology will come and go... Teachers will have to be creative and innovatie in the use of technology in teaching. Even where there is no technology, teacher will have to adapt with the new environment for his/her survival. Other wise they will be as extinct as Mammoths or Dinosaurs.
Dilip (India)
Nina,
ReplyDeleteGreat reflection! Let me tell you I agree with you in all your expressions. I would like to count with you, not only during this event,even after. I am sure I will need your support in the future very much.
Gaby (Ecuador)
Dear Gaby,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words. Of course you can count on me whenever you need my help and support. We've been brought together as participants of this course, but I'm sure that many friendships will be forged that will last long after the course finishes.
All the best,
Nina
Dear Nina,
ReplyDeleteI am fascinated by you title that "technology does not drive change but it enables it." I believe this is the kernel that must be understood before indulging in the language learning process. You raised some excellent points that I find extremely important such as the "difficulty of absorbing the numerous ideas, suggestions, and useful websites in the very short course of the week." I guess one needs more than a week to have a thorough look into the several kinds of activities and resources provided this week, especially the old ones. In addition, I feel excited about independent and autonomous learning as I think of it as the teacher's and learner's friend. It frees learning from conventional boundaries and, if blended with the use of internet and technology, provides very unique learning opportunities. I am keeping in mind the automated correction and grading of e-lessons which, in return, allow the teacher to work on the development of teaching strategies, techniques and approaches used in his or her e-lessons.
It is a joy to be here again, thanks you Nina!
Best wishes,
Amjad